Financial Aid


Academic Year

To receive Federal Student Aid (FSA) funds, a student must be qualified to study at the postsecondary level. A high school diploma or an equivalent is required. A high school diploma can be from a foreign school if it is officially verified as an equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma. An equivalent of a high diploma, such as a General Educational Development (GED) diploma is acceptable if the diploma is recognized by the department of education of the state from which it was issued. A state certificate is acceptable if received by a student after the student has passed a state authorized examination that the state recognizes as the equivalent of a high school diploma, in accordance to the Code of Federal Regulation 600.2. Please refer to Dear Colleague Letter GEN-14-06 and Volume 1- Student Eligibility of the FSA Handbook that can be accessed at

Rev. 01/07/2015
School Operations, Adult and Community Education
750 NW 20th Street, Room G154, Miami, Fl 33127
Phone: 305-579-0340 - Fax: 305-579-0349
M-DCPS : 1450 NE 2nd Ave. : Miami, FL 33132 : Phone: (305) 995-1000 (For Non Technical Questions Only) Copyright 2013
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response
to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.